Are you looking for ways to prevent the aging process when it comes to your hair? While hair dyes are great for covering gray strands, the chemicals contained in commercial dye products can often worsen the situation. To naturally treat graying hair, follow the tips provided below.
1. No more scented oils. Doing away with perfumed hair oils is a great way to contain the growth of gray hair, since the chemicals in these oils tend to aggravate the problem even further. A better substitution for scented hair oil would be pure coconut oil.
2. Avoid external pollutants. The free radicals in environmental pollution can wreck havoc on your hair color. If you must go outside, cover your head with a piece of cloth or a head cap, since this will keep dirt and chemicals from entering the scalp and prevent graying.
3. Do away with commercial shampoos. Over time, the excessive use of expensive commercial shampoos will eventually result in gray hair. To keep this from happening, consider using a natural herbal shampoo instead.
4. Eat healthy. By consuming foods and liquids rich in vitamins and minerals, you are guaranteeing the health and vitality of your hair. Green vegetables, fruit, and other foods high in vitamin B are especially helpful in preventing premature graying. Fried and processed foods, alcohol, and coffee have been known to deplete nourishing nutrients in hair, so avoid them, if at all possible.
5. Stop using hair dyes. Using hair colorants at the first sight of gray hair will only worsen the problem, since harsh chemicals have an adverse affect on healthy hair. If you must color your hair, stick to environmentally friendly products. There is no guarantee they won’t stop the graying process, but at least they won’t intensify it.
6. Other methods. It’s been said that mixing the contents of a vitamin E tablet and coconut oil and massaging it in the scalp is a wonderful treatment for preventing gray hair. Also, mixing a tablespoon of yeast and yogurt and eating it before every meal can also be effective.