Homemade Almond Milk in 3 Easy Steps
- 1 cup whole raw almonds
- 3.5 cups filtered water (plus more water for soaking)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla (optional)
- Cover almonds in water and soak at least 8 hours, preferably overnight. (or cover in boiling water and soak for an hour)
- Drain almonds, add to blender. Add 3.5 cups filtered water and blend for about 1 minute, until almonds are finely blended.
- Strain in nut bag, jelly strainer or fine mesh sieve.
- Stir in flavors if desired. Refrigerate and enjoy within 3 days.