Topical applications and specific steps you can take to diminish eczema symptoms:
- Add a supplement of 500 mg of borage oil, black currant oil or Primrose oil to your diet. These types of oil contain gamma linoleic acid (GLA). This is a type of fatty acid that is especially good for your skin, nails and hair.
- Eliminate milk products from your diet because these may tend to irritate your immune system.
- Increase the amount of omega-3 fatty acids in your diet by adding foods such as flax, chia or hemp seeds and organic raw nuts.
- Use cold pressed organic Virgin Coconut oil for all of your oil needs. It is excellent for hot cooking, and it is tasty enough to use as a spread or topping for steamed or roasted veggies.
- Chamomile tea has a very calming effect overall, and it can help you reduce stress and get a good night’s sleep.
- A strong calendula tea with oil of lavender makes a soothing tincture for the skin. Steep a cup of tea and add 6 drops of lavender essential oil. Allow this mixture to cool and bathe the inflamed skin twice a day to relieve irritation.
- Add probiotics to your diet by taking a high quality probiotic supplement and/or including fermented foods in your diet.