1. Although they cannot effectively treat depression, eating many bananas will automatically boost serotonin levels and contain complementary amino acids (i.e. tryptophan) and minerals to enhance our mood.
2. Bananas are a good source of energy, especially immediately after consumption, and its one of the reasons the fruit is so popular with athletes.
3. According to the National Academy of Sciences, bananas are rich in potassium and low in sodium which reduce your risk of high blood pressure and stroke.
5. They regulate hormones in the body through vital minerals which helps normalize oxygen levels and the bodys water balance.
6. Snacking on bananas helps pregnant women by stabilizing blood sugar levels and avoiding morning sickness.
7. High in iron, bananas can stimulate the production of hemoglobin in the blood and so helps in cases of anemia.
8. The banana calms the stomach and have a natural antacid effect in the body, so if you suffer from heartburn, try eating a banana for soothing relief.
9. The cells in your brain use glucose as fuel. Your brain cannot store it, so you must continually supply glucose to your brain through the food your eat. The fiber in a banana slows the breakdown and release of its sugars, mainly from fructose, into your bloodstream, according to the Franklin Institute.
10. Bananas are high in fiber, so including bananas in your diet can help restore normal bowel action, helping to overcome the problem without resorting to laxatives.