They are so important. We must protect them. Letting makeup filled with coal tar and petroleum that’s contaminated with carcinogens, parabens that promote aging and sagging skin, and acne causing ingredients found in airplane deicing liquid drip into your eyeballs is not the answer!
Ingredients in mascara you want to avoid:
- PARABENS – Used as a preservative and is an endocrine disrupter that messes with your hormones.
- PARFUM (a.k.a. fragrance) – Why do you need parfum on your eyes – that’s crazy. Oh it’s to cover up the smell of coal tar!
- BHA and BHT: Used as a preservatives and is an endocrine disruptor and may cause cancer (BHA).
- PROPYLENE GLYCOL: Linked to acne, eczema, and other skin allergies.
- FORMALDEHYDE RELEASING PRESERVATIVES – Look for DMDM hydantoin, diazolidinyl urea, imidazolidinyl urea, methenamine and quarternium-15. Used in a variety of cosmetics. Slowly release small amounts of formaldehyde, which causes cancer.