Homemade probiotic deodorant
- 1 tbsp cocoa butter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (here is the best coconut oil out there)
- 1 tbsp shea butter
- 1 tbsp beeswax
- 2 1/2 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp non-GMO vitamin E oil
- 15 drops essential oil(of your choice)
- 2 capsules powdered probiotics
1. Melt cocoa butter, shea butter, coconut oil and beeswax in a saucepan on a low heat.
2. Take the saucepan off the heat and add in arrowroot powder and baking soda. Whisk using chopsticks until the powders dissolve and combine well. At this point add vitamin E and essential oils. Let it cool. Once everything cools and gets a pudding-like consistency, open your probiotic capsules and stir the powder into the mixture using a spatula.
3. Put the mixture in a clean deodorant container. Keep it in the fridge to cool and harden. Later you can store it on the counter. This dose is enough for 3-4 months, and remember… a little always goes a long way.
Note: Shelf stable probiotics like Bio-Kult prevent the need of placing the product in a fridge.
Shelf stable probiotic supplements are essential for such kinds of deodorants. Make sure it contains highly resistant beneficial bacteria, like lactobacillus and bifidobacteria. These survive the pH of your stomach during digestion and you should most certainly include them in the preparation of this recipe,
If your skin is sensitive, use arrowroot powder only. You can also omit the essential oils, depending on your skin.
Use pleasant smelling, antibacterial essential oils. Any combination works fine. Choose your favorite and have fun combining scents!