How to Grow Cilantro Indoors
1. Select a pot that has at least 8 inches of soil in it.
2. Fill the pot with a fast-draining potting soil; mix in an organic granular fertilizer.
3. Before seeding, moisten the soil using a fine spray from the hose. Because the seeds are fairly small, mix them in a bowl with sand (3 parts sand to 1 part seed) so theyll disperse more evenly. Press the seeds just under the surface of the soil and scattered throughout the top surface of the soil. Cover with another 14 inch (0.6 cm) of soil.
4. Gently mist the soil so as not to displace the seeds.
5. Cilantro needs full sun to grow, so place it in a sunny window-sill Seeds should germinate in 7 to 10 days.
6. Cut up to 2/3 of the leaves each week, as this will encourage the plant to keep growing. Using this method, its possible to harvest four crops of cilantro from a single pot.