What you should eat:
- Salmon and flaxseed. Fish is indispensable if you want to eat healthy and salmon is the best choice. This oily fish is an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin B12 and iron. They are all “working” together in order to give you the desired hair shine. Omega-3 fatty acids maintain the health of your scalp. Insufficient consumption of food rich in omega-3 fatty acids can make make your hair dry and lifeless. To avoid this, keep including fish in your diet at least three times a week. If you are not able to eat fish that often, flaxseeds are a good substitute, as they contain good amount of omega-3 fatty acids.
- Veal and oysters. Veal and oysters improve the look of your hair, because they are rich in zinc. It is well known that zinc deficiency leads to hair loss and is believed that zinc helps fighting against premature hair blanching. Besides beef and oysters, zinc is present in nuts (walnuts, almonds) and lamb.
- Eggs and chicken meat. Hair is mostly composed of protein, so it is logical that eating protein-rich food can be an effective way to stimulate hair growth and reduce its loss. Eggs are rich in B vitamins, especially B12 and biotin (B7). Biotin is also called vitamin H (H coming from “Haar und Haut”, which in German means hair and skin). It is believed that the lack of biotin causes hair loss. Chicken is an amazing source of protein that can help you get rid of fragile hair.
- Carrots.Carrots contain vitamin A, which stimulates creation of sebum on the scalp. Sebum allows hair retain its natural moisture and improves the health of the scalp. High or low sebum secretion is damaging the hair. Deficiency of vitamin A can be manifested through the appearance of dandruff and dry hair. To avoid this, replace unhealthy snacks with carrots.
- Lens. Maybe it sounds strange, but lens are rich in folic acid, which improves the health of red blood cells that supply the skin and scalp with necessary oxygen. Folic acid is also important for cells recovery, so it is important for hair growth.
- Walnuts and almonds. Walnuts and almonds, and other nuts contain omega-3 fatty acids (which act as hair regenerator) and zinc (which prevents hair loss). Besides walnuts and almonds, do not miss to include Brazilian walnuts in your snacks.